The purpose of the community rooms is to provide a setting for library-related activities. When not in use by the library, they are available to groups devoted to educational, civic or cultural activities.
We have three rooms available for use:
This large room with attached kitchenette, containing a sink and small refrigerator, can seat people lecture style or at tables. Seats 75 lecture style; 48 at tables. This room can be divided for smaller groups.
The Mowen Room is a small conference room that seats 10 – 12 comfortably around a large table.
The Conference Room is a small conference room that seats 1-4 comfortably around a small table.
Community Room Policy:
- All organizations using the community rooms must not limit membership by race, creed or national origin. All meetings held must be open to the public.
- Groups using the rooms may not charge admission or take up a collection. Lecturer fees and supply costs may be charged by educational entities.
- Light refreshments are permitted in community rooms. No utensils, dishes, paper or cleaning products are supplied by the library.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted on library premises.
- No signs or posters may be posted on library walls or doors.
- At least one adult over 21 years of age must be present for every twelve youths.
- All equipment and supplies brought by the group must be removed immediately following the meeting.
- Rooms must be left in a neat and orderly condition. Trash bags will be provided.
- All meetings must conclude so guests can exit the library before 8 pm.
- Groups or individuals must be present within 30 minutes of the reservation start time. Any groups not present will have their reservation cancelled. Exceptions will be made if the library is notified of the group’s delay.
- If a group or individual does not show up for three meeting room reservations without prior notice to the library, then that group or individual will be unable to reserve a meeting room for a period of three months.
- After that three month period, if the group or individual does not show up to another reservation, then they will be unable to reserve a meeting room for a period of six months.
|TV / VCR / DVD Player
Community Room Requests:
A request for use must be made by an adult, 21 years in age or older, who will be present during the meeting and will assume responsibility for adherence of library rules and regulations. This person must submit the application in person at the library prior to the meeting. No group may transfer its scheduled use of the community room to another group without the permission of the Library Director. Cancellation should be made forty-eight hours in advance whenever possible.